I have completed my PhD from National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi, India in 2016 in microbiology and molecular biology feild. Soon after that I have joined Weill Cornell Medical College, New York in June 2016 and working in the field of metabolomics to understand the immunological insults and adaptations happening during TB infection. I have identified various metabolic signatures and important mechanism to enhance the therapeutic potential of anti-TB drugs and therapies. I am expert in microbiology, genetic engineering, metabolomics, molecular biology, drug target identification, drug screening, drug development, in vivo drug testing and identification of metabolic bio-signature (Biomarkers).
Research Interest: Microbiology, Immunology, Metabolomics, Metabolism, Drug Development, Assay Development, and Molecular biology
List of Publications:
First author papers: Total 3
1. Soni V, Upadhayay S, Suryadevara P, Samla G, Singh A, Yogeeswari P, Sriram D, Nandicoori VK. Depletion of M. tuberculosis GlmU from Infected Murine Lungs Effects the Clearance of the Pathogen. PLoS Pathog. 2015 Oct 21;11(10):e1005235.
2. Soni V, Suryadevara P, Sriram D; OSDD Consortium, Kumar S, Nandicoori VK, Yogeeswari P. Structure-based design of diverse inhibitors of Mycobacterium tuberculosis N-acetylglucosamine-1-phosphate uridyltransferase: combined molecular docking, dynamic simulation, and biological activity. J Mol Model.2015 Jul;21(7):2704.
3. Jagtap PK, Soni V*, Vithani N, Jhingan GD, Bais VS, Nandicoori VK, Prakash B. Substrate-bound crystal structures reveal features unique to Mycobacterium tuberculosis N-acetyl-glucosamine 1-phosphate uridyltransferase and a catalytic mechanism for acetyl transfer. J Biol Chem. 2012 Nov 16;287(47):39524-37. * First Co-author.
Middle author papers: Total 9
4. Suryadevara P, Yogeeswari P, Soni V, Devi PB, Nandicoori VK, Sriram D. Computational Sampling and Simulation Based Assessment of Novel Mycobacterium tuberculosis Glutamine Synthetase Inhibitors: Study involving Structure Based Drug Design and Free Energy Perturbation. Curr Top Med Chem. 2015 Aug 25.
5. Parthiban Brindha Devi, Jonnalagadda Padma Sridevi, Shruti Singh Kakan, Shalini Saxena, Variam Ullas Jeankumar, Vijay Soni, Hasitha Shilpa Anantaraju, Perumal Yogeeswari, Dharmarajan Sriram. Discovery of novel lysine ɛ-aminotransferase inhibitors: An intriguing potential target for latent tuberculosis. Tuberculosis. 2015, PII:S1472-9792 (15)20720-2
6. Petersen GO, Saxena S, Renuka J, Soni V, Yogeeswari P, Santos DS, Bizarro CV, Sriram D. Structure-based virtual screening as a tool for the identification of novel inhibitors against Mycobacterium tuberculosis 3-dehydroquinate dehydratase. J Mol Graph Model.2015 May 11.
7. Pulla VK, Sriram DS, Soni V, Viswanadha S, Sriram D, Yogeeswari P. Targeting NAMPT for Therapeutic Intervention in Cancer and Inflammation: Structure-Based Drug Design and Biological Screening. ChemBiol Drug Des.2015 Apr 7.
8. Sridevi JP, Suryadevara P, Janupally R, Sridhar J, Soni V, Anantaraju HS, Yogeeswari P, Sriram D. Identification of potential Mycobacterium tuberculosis topoisomerase I inhibitors: a study against active, dormant and resistant tuberculosis. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2015 May 25;72:81-92.
9. Janupally R, Jeankumar VU, Bobesh KA, Soni V, Devi PB, Pulla VK, Suryadevara P, Chennubhotla KS, Kulkarni P, Yogeeswari P, Sriram D. Structure-guided design and development of novel benzimidazole class of compounds targeting DNA gyraseB enzyme of Staphylococcus aureus. Bioorg Med Chem. 2014 Nov 1;22(21):5970-87..
10. Jeankumar VU, Renuka J, Pulla VK, Soni V, Sridevi JP, Suryadevara P, Shravan M, Medishetti R, Kulkarni P, Yogeeswari P, Sriram D. Development of novel N-linked aminopiperidine-based mycobacterial DNA gyrase B inhibitors: scaffold hopping from known antibacterial leads. Int J Antimicrob Agents.2014 Mar;43(3):269-78.
11. Saxena S, Devi PB, Soni V, Yogeeswari P, Sriram D. Identification of novel inhibitors against Mycobacterium tuberculosis L-alanine dehydrogenase (MTB-AlaDH) through structure-based virtual screening. J Mol Graph Model.2014 Feb;47:37-43.
12. Jeankumar VU, Renuka J, Santosh P, Soni V, Sridevi JP, Suryadevara P, Yogeeswari P, Sriram D. Thiazole-aminopiperidine hybrid analogues: design and synthesis of novel Mycobacterium tuberculosis GyrB inhibitors. Eur J Med Chem. 2013;70:143-53.
13. Indian patent; Status: Filed; File no: 3167/DEL/2015 Title: Depletion of M. tuberculosis GlmU from Infected Murine Lungs Effects the Clearance of the Pathogen.
Authors: Vinay K Nandicoori, Vijay Soni, Perumal Yogeeswari and Dharamarajan Sriram.
Democritus University of Thrace , Greece
International Journal of Vascular Surgery and Medicine
University of Reims, France
Archives of Sports Medicine and Physiotherapy
Rafal Tomasz Pawliczak
Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Open Journal of Asthma
University of Padua, Italy
Journal of Gynecological Research and Obstetrics
University of Parma, Italy
International Journal of Dermatology and Clinical Research
Arghya Narayan Banerjee
Yeungnam University, South Korea
International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine
Malgorzata Gabriela WASNIEWSKA
University of Messina, Italy
International Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
University of Athens, Greece
Open Journal of Chemistry
Kyushu University, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Fukuoka, Japan
Global Journal of Cancer Therapy
ReGenera R&D International for Aging Intervention & San Babila Clinic, Milano, Italy
Archives of Clinical Gastroenterology
PTZ: We're glad you're here. Please click "create a new query" if you are a new visitor to our website and need further information from us.
If you are already a member of our network and need to keep track of any developments regarding a question you have already submitted, click "take me to my Query."