Prof. Pierre Guertin
Laval University, Canada
Tel: +1 418-525-4444, pos
Fax: +1 418-654-2753
Research Interest: Medicinal Plants, Obtaining, Characterization and standardization of extracts, Testing their pharmacological Action, Testing antioxidant activity in vitro and in vivo, Analysis and isolation of biologically active compounds (polyphenols, carotenoides, essential oils, terpenes, alkaloids), spectrometric and chromatographical analysis (HPLC, GC).
J. Warren Salmon, Ph.D. is Professor of Health Policy and Administration, School of Public Health at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC). He was formerly a Professor in and Head of the Department of Pharmacy Administration, College of Pharmacy; Professor of Public Policy Analysis, College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs; and Professor of Medical Education, College of Medicine at UIC. Professor Salmon's research interests have focused on the corporatization of medicine and pharmacy, managed care pharmacy, urban health care delivery, comparative health care systems, global pharmaceutical industry developments, alternative and complimentary medicines, and selected health policy issues. He edited Alternative Medicines: Popular and Policy Perspectives (Tavistock/Methuen/Routledge, 1984); (with Jeffrey W. Todd) The Corporatization of Health Care: A Two Day Symposium and Public Hearing (Illinois Public Health Association, 1988); (with Eberhard Goepel) Community Participation and Empowerment Strategies in Health Promotion, 7 volumes (Zentrum fuer Interdisziplinare Forschung, 1990); The Corporate Transformation of Health Care, Part I: Issues and Directions (Baywood, 1990); The Corporate Transformation of Health Care, Part II: Reflections and Implications (Baywood, 1994); and (with Linda Shapiro) Health Care for Chicagoans: How Will Health System Integration Affect the Health of the Public? (Health & Medicine Policy Research Group, 1995).
Research Interest: Health policy and planning; managed care pharmacy; urban health care; international health; pharmaceutical industry developments; community health promotion; public sector health services; corporatization of medicine and pharmacy.
List of Publications:
1. Salmon, J.W. (2015). Time to revisit Medicare Part D? American Health & Drug Benefits.
2. Salmon, J.W. & Liu, X. M. (2015, in review). Pervasive Stigma: HIV/AIDS Epidemic in China. International Journal of Health Services.
3. Edlavitch, S.A. & Salmon, J.W. (2015). Towards an applied science of regulatory decision-making. Journal of Pharmacovigilance 3:2.
4. Thompson, S.L. & Salmon, J.W. (2016, Book in preparation). Corporatization: The Medical Malpractice Insurance Crisis and the Loss of Physician Hegemony.
5. Sanchez, A.M. & Salmon, J.W. (2016, in preparation). Evaluation of the pharmaceutical performance in the undertaking of professional functions in the Cuban health care sector. Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy.
6. Thompson, S.L. & Salmon, J.W. (2016, in preparation). The medical malpractice insurance crisis. International Journal of Health Services
7. Salmon, J.W. & Aruru, M.V. (2016, in preparation). Health Tourism to India: Challenges against resource competition to sustaining a viable public healthcare infrastructure for the local populace. International Journal of Health Services
8. Aruru, M.V., Salmon, J.W. & Brock, C.M. (2016, in review). Development of the Pharmacy Inventory, Labeling, and Logistics (PILL) Project in Resource-poor Haiti. International Journal of Health Services
9. Salmon, J.W. (2016, in preparation). The global pharmaceutical industry confronts the 21st century. International Journal of Health Planning & Management.
10. Sanchez, A.M. & Salmon, J.W. (2014, in revision). Cuban pharmacy as it transitions toward a pharmaceutical care model. International Journal of Pharmacy Practice
11. Salmon, J.W. (2014). Global Health Systems. Journal of Pharmacovigilance. 2:3
12. Salmon, J.W. & Aruru, M. (2016, in revision). Privatization and health/medical tourism in their global trade context. International Journal of Public Policy
13. Thompson, S.L. & Salmon, J.W. (2014). Physician Strikes. Chest: Official Publication of the American College of Chest Physicians. November.
14. Salmon, J.W. & Gutkin, D. (2015, in preparation). Japan’s pharmaceutical industry: New developments as it challenges the major global firms. Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy.
15. Aruru, M., Salmon, J.W. & Douglas, G.W. (2014). Multiple Sclerosis in India: A qualitative study of access, adherence and other issues in Southern India. Proceedings of the Business and Health Administration Association, Chicago, Illinois, March.
16. Aruru, M. & Salmon, J.W. (2014). Lessons learned from the Pharmacy pictogram labeling project in Haiti. Proceedings of the Business and Health Administration Association, Chicago, Illinois, March.
17. Salmon, J.W. (2013). Medicare Part D & the Federal Employees Benefit Program. American Health & Drug Benefits. 6(1):58.
18. Salmon, J.W. & Jiang, R. (2013). E-Prescribing: History, Issues, and Potentials. Online Journal of Public Health Informatics 4(3).
19. Aruru, M. V. & Salmon, J.W. (2013). Assessment of Medicare Part D communications to beneficiaries. American Health & Drug Benefits. 3(5):310-317.
20. Qato, D., Salmon, J.W. & Lindau, S.T. (2015, in preparation). Racial and ethnic disparities in the use of prescription medications among older adults in the U.S.: A Population-based approach.
21. Salmon, J.W. & Sanchez, A.M. (2012). Overview of Complementary/Alternative Medicine in the Cuban Health System, International Journal of Healing and Caring 13(1).
22. Sanchez, A.M. & Salmon, J.W. (2012). Cuban pharmacy in the context of its healthcare system: Transitioning toward pharmaceutical care practice. Proceedings of the Business and Health Administration Association, Chicago, Illinois, March.
23. Salmon, J.W. (2016, in preparation). Obamacare: The dehiscence of the American health care delivery system.
24. Salmon, J.W. (2014, in preparation). Rising Social Epidemics: Avian flu, SARS & AIDS: Confronting the infrastructural deficiencies of the public health system in China. International Journal of Health Services.
25. Aruru M, & Salmon J W. (2015, in preparation). Unrestricted and Uninhibited UV exposure: A case for effective policy standards over the Indoor Tanning Industry. American Journal of Public Health
Research Interest: Cancer Diagnostics, Cancer Research, Clinical Trials, Ophthalmology, Business, Economic Genetics, Stem Cell Biology, Cell Biology, Translational Cancer Research, Business Ethics, Oncology, Molecular Biology.
Research Interest: Biotechnology, Artificial Intelligence, Neuroscience, Stem Cell Biology, Tissue Engineering, Stem Cell, Regenerative Medicine, Biodegradation.
Research Interest: G-protein coupled receptors for lipid mediators, Molecular and cellular functions of lipid mediators.
Research Interest: Organic Chemistry: Total Synthesis of Complex Natural Product, Computational Chemistry: Conformational Analysis, Molecular Modelling and Spectra Simulation. Natural Product Discovery: Isolation, Structural Elucidation, and Absolute Configuration Deter-mination of Natural Product.
Research Interest: Targeting drug delivery systems (TDDS), Multifunctional nanocarriers or macromolecules have many advantages for diseases treatments. Our lab employs diverse targeting delivery systems including conjugate, liposomes and micelles to deliver anticancer drug or gene for tumor therapy. In this process, we unitize stimuli-responsive strategies (e.g. enzyme-responsive) to obtain the targeting therapy of tumor. Cell-penetrating peptides (CPPs) are also adopted to cross cellular barriers. Internalization mechinisms of CPPs or CPP-cargoes are also focused by us.
Research Interest: Molecular Biology, Immunology (antibodies, vaccines), and Microbiology (viruses, bacteria, and toxins).
Research Interest: Medicine, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Cell Culture,Genetic Engineering, Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Medical Neurosciences, Pharmaceutical Development.
Research Interest: Design, Synthesis and qualitative SAR of new anticonvulsant agents acting as non-competitive AMPA receptor antagonists (In collaboration with Dr. Li Niu, Chemistry Department, University at Albany, SUNY, Albany NY), Identifications and synthesis of new anti-cancer agents, Design and synthesis of peptidomimetics as protease inhibitors.
Research Interest: Effects of different diets, Dietary factors and fatty acids (especially conjugated fatty acids) on health, Especially on the Cancer Risk.
Research Interest: Therapeutic relevance of plant-derived compounds in the field of the gastrointestinal pathologies (IBD, cancer, etc.) and on the signal transduction mechanisms involved in their action.Moreover, Toxicological aspects of natural products are also studied.
Research Interest: Separation & purification and quality control of food science; new functional materials for food and pharmaceutical analysis.
Research Interest: Natural drug discovery, Isolation, Physiological and pharmacological characterization of venom/toxin peptides and proteinswith animal tissues, Natural peptides and proteins analytical Chemistry, Mass spectrometry analysis, Molecular biology, Synthetic peptide analogues and their interaction with antibodies and receptors, Identification of novel drug targets, Biomarkers, Ion channel.
Research Interest: P8 Advancing conventional solid dosage formulation and processing.
Published On: February 18, 2023 | Pages: 001 - 005Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: November 30, 2022 | Pages: 064 - 070Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: October 14, 2022 | Pages: 057 - 063Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: September 09, 2022 | Pages: 046 - 056Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: August 29, 2022 | Pages: 038 - 045Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: August 27, 2022 | Pages: 032 - 037Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: August 03, 2022 | Pages: 023 - 031Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: May 25, 2022 | Pages: 013 - 022Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: March 08, 2022 | Pages: 006 - 012Abstract View Full Article View
Published On: January 19, 2022 | Pages: 001 - 005Abstract View Full Article View
I would like continue this association with this journal and confer my services. The comments from editors and reviewers are fair and professional. The submission of manuscript process is smooth. I recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. The submission and publication time line process of manuscripts are quick and timely. I like the simplicity and quick publication process in the journal. I can easily find the required information on the journal webpage.
I will continue my association as an editor for this journal and provide my services. The editors and reviewer comments in the journal are fair and trustable. The manuscript submission process in this journal is easy. I will suggest my colleagues and other scientists to submit their research works for supporting journal growth. I can easily find the required information on website.
Thank you so much in providing me waiver on all charges for my manuscript publication. I am proud of your treatment! I and my colleagues will be best family of your journal. Hope we will communicate with further works and manuscript. Once again I would like to thank you. I have also attached you my photo as per your requests.
I wiish to continue my association with this journal. The reviewer and editor comments in this journal are genuine. The journal will be great, if it can get annual citation report. The manuscript submission process is smooth and cool. I definitely recommend this journal for reputed indexing services. I recommend my staff who were related to this journal scope to submit their valuable works. I am satisfied with the submission and publication process with this journal. I like the speedy publishing process in this journal. I easily find the required information on website.
I have glad so much because of Journal of Gynecological Research and Obstetrics; service'.
I was always given information about my article.
The Journal (Journal of Gynecological Research and Obstetrics) is exactly suggested to all author.
Journal of Gynecological Research and Obstetrics is very helpful on your manuscript's.
The publishing process thank you very much.
I like to continue my association with this journal and confer my services for journal growth. The reviewer and editor comments in this journal is fair and meaning full. I will recommend this journal to get reputed indexing platform. I strongly suggest my colleagues who are expertise in this journal to submit their valuable works in this journal. I am satisfied with manuscript submission and publication timeline process. I can easily find the required information on the journal website.
It was very pleasant service. Easy to work with and response on all questions were prompt and informative.
I extend my thanks and appreciation to the Global Journal of
Ecology for its cooperation and appreciation for my efforts of acceptance and
publishing our research.
All the respect and appreciation. I wish you the best always.
I like to continue my association with this journal and give my services for journal growth. The reviewer and editor comments in this journal is fair and meaningful. The manuscript submission process is Hassel-free. I recommend this journal to get reputed indexing platform. I strongly suggest my colleagues to submit their valuable works in this journal. I am satisfied with manuscript submission and publication timeline process. I mostly like the rapid review process in this journal. I can easily find the required information on the journal website.
I suggest that the journal should get impact factor for faster indexing. I definitely recommend this journal for getting reputed indexing services. I ensure that I recommend my staff to publish their valuable research works in your journal. I can get the required information on the journal website easily.
Beijing University of Technology , PR China
Journal of Civil Engineering and Environmental Sciences
University of Athens, Greece
Journal of Novel Physiotherapy and Physical Rehabilitation
University of Siena, Italy
Archives of Renal Diseases and Management
University of Nantes, France
Archives of Depression and Anxiety
Cardiometabolic Research Institute, USA
Journal of Cardiovascular Medicine and Cardiology
Wei Min HUANG
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Archive of Biomedical Science and Engineering
University of Athens , Greece
International Journal of Oral and Craniofacial Science
Peter J Catalano
Tufts University, USA
Archives of Otolaryngology and Rhinology
Thomas F. George
University of Missouri - St. Louis, USA
Open Journal of Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry
Domenico Antonio Restivo
Nuovo Garibaldi Hospital, Italy
Journal of Neurology, Neurological Science and Disorders
PTZ: We're glad you're here. Please click "create a new query" if you are a new visitor to our website and need further information from us.
If you are already a member of our network and need to keep track of any developments regarding a question you have already submitted, click "take me to my Query."